FRONTS 92 Field Campaign
Model Initialization Data
The Fronts 92 field experiment took place in the Eastern North Atlantic with the objective to study the dynamics of frontal systems in the region. The data presented here are from the third Intensive Observation Period (IOP). During this period a rapidly developing cold frontal wave crossed the field experiment area.
This case study presents data from 27 April 1992 to 28 April 1992 and covers a region from 30N to 60N latitude and from 50W to 10E longitude.
6-hourly NCEP Reanalysis data are available here for certain pressure level, surface, and surface flux variables.
- Air temperature, Geopotential height, and U-wind and V-wind data are available at 10, 20, 30, 50, 70, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Relative humidity and Specific humidity data are available at 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Vertical velocity data are available at 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Surface pressure, Sea-level pressure, Surface Temperature, Soil Temperature (0-10 cm), Soil Temperature (10-200 cm), Soil moisture (0-10 cm), and Soil Moisture(10-200 cm) data are available at a single level.
- A land/sea map and surface height map are also available.
- Read NCEP data README
- Download all NCEP levels and variables in one archive
- Download selected files
- Browse NCEP data for selected levels and variables