DYCOMS-II Field Campaign
Model Initialization Data
DYCOMS-II is the name given to a field campaign which proposes to collect data for the purposes of testing large-eddy simulations of nocturnal tratocumulus. DYCOMS-II is based on measurements taken from the NCAR EC-130Q in and around nocturnal marine stratocumulus. The experiment consists of 9 flights out of North Island Naval Air Station (just west of San Diego) between July 7 and July 28, 2001. Eight of these flights were nocturnal.
This case study presents data from 7 July 2001 to 28 July 2001 and covers a region from 25N to 40N latitude and from 130W to 115W longitude.
6-hourly NCEP Reanalysis data are available here for certain pressure level, surface, and surface flux variables.
- Air temperature, Geopotential height, and U-wind and V-wind data are available at 10, 20, 30, 50, 70, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Relative humidity and Specific humidity data are available at 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Vertical velocity data are available at 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Surface pressure, Sea-level pressure, Surface Temperature, Soil Temperature (0-10 cm), Soil Temperature (10-200 cm), Soil moisture (0-10 cm), and Soil Moisture(10-200 cm) data are available at a single level.
- A land/sea map and surface height map are also available.
- Read NCEP data README
- Download all NCEP levels and variables in one archive
- Download selected files
- Browse NCEP data for selected levels and variables