Arctic Ocean Experiment (AOE) 2001 Field Campaign
Model Initialization Data
The Arctic Ocean Experiment (AOE) 2001 was a multi-disciplinary program sponsored by the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat in collaboration with several other institutions including the Stockholm University and the NOAA's Environmental Technologies Laboratory in Boulder Colorado. During a 2-1/2 month period beginning in late-June, 2001, the Swedish Maritime Administration Icebreaker Oden became the host platform for scientists and support personnel from 13 different countries working in the fields of Oceanography, Geology, Ice and Aerosol Physics, Marine Biology, Atmospheric Chemistry and Meteorology. The principal goal of the Atmospheric Program was to enhance understanding about how natural sources of atmospheric aerosols affect climate through impact on the radiation balance.
This case study presents data from 5 July 2001 to 26 Aug 2001 and covers a region from 80N to 90N latitude and from 15W to 15E longitude.
6-hourly NCEP Reanalysis data are available here for certain pressure level, surface, and surface flux variables.
- Air temperature, Geopotential height, and U-wind and V-wind data are available at 10, 20, 30, 50, 70, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Relative humidity and Specific humidity data are available at 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Vertical velocity data are available at 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000 mb.
- Surface pressure, Sea-level pressure, Surface Temperature, Soil Temperature (0-10 cm), Soil Temperature (10-200 cm), Soil moisture (0-10 cm), and Soil Moisture(10-200 cm) data are available at a single level.
- A land/sea map and surface height map are also available.
- Read NCEP data README
- Download all NCEP levels and variables in one archive
- Download selected files
- Browse NCEP data for selected levels and variables